View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Mar-07-02, 18:19
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins / Somersizing
Stats: 194/184/160
BF:
Progress: 29%

I found that when I was a newbie to this WOE the Somersize approach allowed me to experience the benefits without the stress of counting everything. It is a lot easier to have a "yes" and "no" list of foods for a lot of people when they first start off. I would have a fruit smoothie most morns when I started ( I think I was weaning myself off processed sugar without knowing it) but when I switched to the pro/fat option for breakfast I stopped having the fruit 'cause it was too long to wait!! I was getting awful gas from my shredded wheat/skim milk in the morn so I cut that out and it stopped immediately. ( I am type O blood and according to "Eat Right For Your Type" grains wreck havoc with my system) I also found that when my choices were mostly pro/fats, I lost quicker. I realized that I was pretty much doing Atkins (sans nuts, avocado, and combining). I think with Suzanne's plan it allows for the inclusion of whole grains, fruits, etc. from the beginning so the weight loss (if you chose the option) it a little slower for some than Atkins. His plan just lets you include them at a later time depending on how your body is metabolizing the carbs for ongoing weight-loss. I think for the "thinking" person the Atkins carb counting is a good way to figure your max carb load but ,for the rest, the Somersizing approach works quite well.

SS!!