View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Nov-09-17, 14:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/128/130 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 105%

I have mixed feelings about this one, I love to bake for friends and family it makes me feel good to give them a real moment of joy and know it was my labor and love that provided that. On the other hand this year I have 4 family members that are diabetic coming for thanksgiving dinner. Last year one of them was offended because of the nondiabetic dishes I had prepared. It was one of my brothers and he has already said he will not be here this year because of the food provided last year in the presense of that many diabetics was wrong. I did provide plenty of meat and a huge pan of roasted veggies as well as a large garden salad . There was a sf cheesecake and a sf pumkin pie as well. It bothered me for awile that he feels that way, esp. since I went way out of my way to make sure there were plenty of tasy lc choises available but I have come to the point that I feel its his responsiblilty and his alone what he says yes or no too. There are more people present that don,t have his food restrictions and because we all live hundreds of miles apart we only share one or two meals together as a extended family per year.