Old Sat, Mar-19-16, 15:32
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

March 16 - copied from my journal

Weight: 213

I went to bed early last night and slept like a log. I woke up at 5am bright-eyed and feeling amazing. Then I stepped out of bed... and ... I still had most of the spring in my step! I felt good. Even the hamstrings felt better than they did the day before. So I guess my workout yesterday was just right . Today will be lite walking day and I should be ready for another 10K training day tomorrow. The lite day today works out well, anyway. My talented daughter has a piece of art work on exhibit at a downtown Richmond bank and they are having an open house event tonight. I can't miss that. So I'll try and squeeze in some extra steps at lunch today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Cannot believe you are jogging 2 miles already!
One more idea for the weight bounce... the humidity.

About the jogging... I know, right? I figured that one of two things would happen when it came to me taking up jogging. Either my body would say "Are you an idiot? What were you thinking?" -- or -- my OCD-like dedication to walking over the winter would pay off and the transition to a slow jog wouldn't be too tough. It looks like the latter thought is winning the day. Still, I didn't expect to find a sustainable jogging pace with such ease. I thought it would take longer to adjust. I thought I would have some joint pain. I've had none. Some sore muscles is all.

5.2 mph is barely jogging. But I'll take it. I hope I have enough training time to work up to sustaining that for the entire 10K. I can't say that I enjoyed that 2 mile jog yesterday, but it was not nearly as tough as the first day was. By race day I might actually find jogging enjoyable. I just hope that I don't spoil the experience by pushing things too hard.

My cave-dweller daughter is the old man in all of this. She was hurting more that I was after her first jog. She is not an active person. She lives in her bedroom playing video games, drawing, watching youtube videos and teaching herself how to play the piano (and she is amazing at it, BTW - it blows my mind). Sometimes she even does some homework. I'm hoping that she will have a better day 2 workout just as I did. She is 17 and within her normal BMI. She should shape up faster than her old dad.

About the humidity... I do think I retain water when it gets humid. I noticed that the first summer I started walking. I sweat like a pig when I work out and it doesn't matter if I'm in shape or not. When it gets humid, I sweat like 2 pigs. I think my body knows that and reacts by adding a reserve of H2O.