#7   ^
Old Tue, Sep-05-17, 15:11
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Cool

I think keeping notes in some form or another is a really good idea, especially when you're just starting out. Some people are number-minded and prefer a food counter like MyFitnessPal or Fitday, and some prefer to just keep track on a journal here or on paper. You could technically follow induction without counting carbs if you just follow the other guidelines - 3 cups of salad veggies, the limits on cheese, reading labels for no added sugar, etc

I found one of the clues to my gluten intolerance by going back through my Livejournal and finding a pattern of some serious emotional meltdowns.

It's funny how we can be data-minded in one context, but not another. I have no patience anymore for logging every bite of food. I do, however, save every single receipt, enter all of my spending into a personal finance tracker, and pay off my credit cards every pay day. This is probably because I went through a miserable period of poverty, and one of the things that frustrated me the most was the times that being disorganized ended up costing me money (eg late fees). Sometimes, just being poor cost me more money (not being able to afford a monthly bus pass, having to pay cash.) Now, I find it incredibly empowering to see all of those zeroes next to the credit card amounts every pay day, and to watch my savings grow. So I 'get it' when people can look at their food log, see their success, and feel better.