View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Feb-13-07, 06:23

Plan: Generic LC with tweaks
Stats: 204/178/165 Female 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default KEB, what are you not recommending?

I think you're telling the OP NOT to take "3 or 4 as per what (s)he read somewhere..."

Follow the instructions on the bottle.

If you want to take "more," educate yourself, buy "better" brands (which you won't find at the drugstore), and do more research. The people who post here regularly either take a LOT of supplements that we buy from places like lef.org and provitaminas.com and others, or are pretty up on getting nutrients from food (I think that's you, Dodger?).

The real kicker is that you don't want to be taking too much A or some of the metals (iron, selenium, others) that are at the bottom of the list on your brand, just to get more of the stuff you may want more of, like C and some of the Bs.

Many supplements are bulky--C and calcium come to mind right off. I wouldn't be able to swallow the pill if they came in one tablet with all that I want to take.

this is all probably more than you needed. Read the dose information on your bottle. Take the stuff you bought; note if it seemed to help, decide what you want to do the next time it's time to buy vitamins. Read this forum for a while and decide if we sound like we're saying anything useful to you.

It's all a matter of choices. I don't think anyone here is free of financial limits--I chose to spend my money on supplements and not on creams and plastic surgery and lots of personal care treatments. You may have other financial obligations that limit what you can spend on supplements. Some people have more time to give supplementation than I care to. For today, that's where I stand. May change tomorrow, who knows? If you've never taken vitamins regularly, then regular consumption of a decent multi- certainly won't hurt. You may not see the benefits some of us believe we get with our more elaborate programs, but that's the same outcome as any other topic.

Good luck.