View Single Post
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Sep-13-17, 17:23

Plan: Fung, Rosedale
Stats: 236/195/157 Male 180cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

To some degree I agree with GRB5111. If keeping away from carbs at weddings and birthdays was possible, then maybe reversal of insulin resistance with just diet, in the shorter term (maybe a year) would be possible.

Unfortunately, I think that there are a lot of people like me and are not able to resist the carbs when they are so plentiful at weddings and birthdays. I know, I've tried for about 25 to 30 years without success. It is NOT realistic to believe that I will decide today to resist and be successful.

I think that a better solution is to follow Dr Fung, who says that humans have always had feasts and always had fasts. Therefore, follow feasts with fasts and do intermittent fasts to bring down insulin levels to get the body used to low insulin levels. In this way, insulin sensitivity increases and resistance subsides.

To reverse the traditional definition of diabetes II, ie. prevent glucose rising to high levels is simple. Just go on the LCHF diet. I've done it and fooled the doctor that I am ok. Yes, my glucose is ok as long as I stay on the diet. But the insulin resistance persists until I give the fasting more time (I think).