Thread: [CKD] CKD 101
View Single Post
  #38   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-02, 15:19

Plan: MyLCWOL
Stats: 485/366/210 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 43%

Ok, Let me summarize what I think I learned for tomorrow’s first carb up.

First, according to L. McDonald a small carb meal 1-2 hours prior to depletion workout is recommended. Next, immediately after the training you should try to consume 1.5 grams of carbs per kg of lean body mass. For me that 200lbs/2.2 = 90 kg x 1.5 = 135 grams carbs. Along with these carbs add 1/2 amount of protein. Again for me 135grams/2 = 67.5 grams protein. Since I am allowed a hi GI carbs at this point, I plan to use Maltodextrin powder 36 grams of carb/scoop = 4.5 scoops plus two scoops of Whey Isolate and a scoop of Soy Isolate in water. Going to be some pretty think stuff. This is to be followed by a similar composition meal two hours later. I think I am going out for Italian. Since my target is 900 grams of Carbs over 24 hours (8-10 x pounds lean body mass) I've already got 900-(135 x 2) = 630 grams to go. Also, fat must be kept low (88 grams or less for me).

Here's a link for an article Lyle McDonald wrote on “Carbing Up for CKD”. Might be redundant, but I will error on the side of CKD newbies like me. Article has some good breakdown charts toward the end for various lean body masses in pounds.
Carbing Up on CKD Lyle McDonald

On Saturday, the important thing is to continue to watch fat intake, and to move from hi GI carbs to lower GI carbs by day end. Also, protein will be 1 gram per pound of lean body mass. Remaining 630 grams of carbs to be split into several meals throughout day. I plan to go to Mexican on Saturday night, looking forward to Chicken Fajitas w/tortillas, rice, and beans (small tab of sour cream and guacamole)

Regards,
Lux