View Single Post
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 20:19
Give chance a chance

Plan: General LC maintenance
Stats: 152.6/115.6/115 Female 60 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 98%

Great thread, Orchid! I remember when I first joined, and very timidly posted in a journal of someone who lived near me....asking about a store she had mentioned. Thought I was intruding on something private. I'm so glad she was a welcoming and open person.

I'd never been on any other forum before, so didn't understand what this one was all about. It can be overwhelming.....I try to get back to everyone who posts a message in my journal, but sometimes that takes a lot of time. Even if I miss someone, I appreciate each and every message.

I'm a "written communicator"...Not everyone is. And I agree that once in a while, albeit rarely, there is someone here that I simply feel I have nothing in common with, and with whom I don't wish to start up a correspondence. Somehow it all comes out in the wash.

I tend to become a bit turned off by those who use a smilie for every third word in each post. They're very cute, but don't add much "meat" in my opinion. Could be an age difference. I'm much more interested in what someone is thinking than in their smilie repertoire.

I wonder how often your friend posted to other members' journals. You are right about the element of reciprocation.....it doesn't need to be every day, or every week, but an occasional nod back makes all the difference.

Thanks for bringing this subject up,

Kay