#3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-07-18, 13:23

Plan: Atkins/keto
Stats: 330/270/199 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrussva
I did nothing but lose some, regain more -- rinse and repeat -- for decades and most of that was done with a low carb diet. I was at a loss for how to keep the weight off. I think that I accepted being overweight well enough, but when being constantly sick and tired (undiagnosed diabetes) got added to the mix that was it. That was my wakeup call and started looking for a solution that would actually work for me. I found it here on this forum. I saw what the successful losers had done and just followed in their footsteps. Basically, I decided to do this low carb thing all the way as a lifestyle change - NO MATTER WHAT. NO EXCUCES. I had make LC my diet. I had to stop thinking of this as a temporary thing. It was the same old diet misery at first, but sticking to it all the way eventually paid off. I'm not talking about the scale number, either. The first few months were hard. Then this WOE started to get easier. Eventually it simply became how I eat. With the cravings gone and the "will I or won't I cheat" debate put to rest I became happy with how I eat. I was still 150 pounds from my goal weight when that happened but I knew I was going to get there.

The past is the past. It is time for you to do this right. You can do this. It looks like you are already making progress. I wish you the best in reaching your goals. Don't let diabetes win.

Consider joining the TDC Weekly Weigh-in thread. Our numbers have thinned in recent months and we could sure use some company.

Thank you for this. It's just what I needed to read! I read through some of your old posts and I see so much of the same health issues in myself. Congratulations on your amazing success! You are so inspiring!