Old Mon, Aug-02-04, 13:43

Plan: PP/Atkins/Transformation
Stats: 305/264/220 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 48%
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeline
Does anyone know where I could find Bob Mill's Vital Wheat Gluten flour in downtown Ottawa. I am going to run out soon and would miss my own home-made lowcarb bread.

You can get Vital Wheat Gluten by weight at most health food stores like Herb and Spice (in cooler). The bigger Loblaws also carry Bob's brand.

I was in Chinatown this morning for oranges and looking for noodles and black Soy Beans at the new store, 1058 Somerset (close to Neighborhood Services).
No Black Soy Beans but I picked up bean sprouts at .59/pound, white sesame seeds (almost 0 ECC), and my biggest find of all ...Konnyaku Noodle Rolls.

"Super Premium Grade Hi-Fibre [qb]Konnyaku[/qb] is a form of gelatinous noodle (several noodles tied in a thich, short ribbon) that is 6.5 carbs - 4 fiber for 2.5 ECC for 100 grams (about 6 of these noodle rolls) that are rolled to look a bit like a 2" squid with about 20 little tails . They run $1.38 for a pack of 20, soaking in water. I made up a large batch of hearty chicken soup (Eade's recent recipe but more chicken and threw both packs of noodles in. I got 5 or 6 of theese large noodle ribbons that offered a fantastic texture to someone who has not had any noodles other than soy in a year and a half. I'll be back to pick up several more packs this afternoon. They have to be refrigerated or I would pick up more.
Sponsored Links