#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-07-15, 15:24
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress:
Default Ahh cholesterol question

Hi. My husband and I started low carbing on January 20th. Prior to that he had labs done and his cholesterol was 224 (triglycerides 101, HDL 162 and LDL 8.0) as of January 10 2015. His dr suggested eating low carb.

Over the last nearly 6 months he has lost around 21 pounds. He'd like to lose 50 pounds. He's wishing it was more, but when he got his last labs done on 6/27 his cholesterol was up. Total 231, triglycerides 72, HDL 171 and LDL 7.5. He's really worried about this.

He's not sure what to do. He sees his dr at the end of the month and does not want put on cholesterol medicine, which is unlikely anyway.

Normal day for him:
Espresso with cream- breakfast

throughout the day at work he eats
Broccoli with butter, various meats like chicken, turkey, steak, ham, tuna or salmon salad with a mayonnaise dip or sour cream

Then dinner would be meat and vegetables or salad

Does anyone have a similar experience? I kept telling him his cholesterol would be lower but I was shocked to see it was higher. We have only cheated twice and that was once in March with chocolate mousse and then April when he was sick he had toast. He's super stressed out and I don't know how to help. Thank you!!!
Sponsored Links