View Single Post
  #168   ^
Old Wed, May-21-03, 09:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/197/135
BF:
Progress: 35%

Well, the best laid plans…….
Monday, just before leaving work, I broke out into hives – big, hives – all over, and my face was starting to swell. Had to take an antihistamine, then rush home before I got sleepy. Sleepy, that’s not even close to describing how antihistamines make me feel. I pass out – cannot wake up – I believe that if the house caught fire, I would burn up – no way I could wake up enough to get out! So, I slept from 6:30 Monday night until Tuesday afternoon – was awake for a short time Tuesday a.m. to call doctor. Tried to get some other sort of medication that would not put me to sleep, but they said there is none. Have an appointment with an allergist next week. Hopefully can find out what’s causing this. Had the same thing happen less than a month ago, but no idea what’s causing it. Only other time I had hives this bad is when I had the allergic reaction to aspirin, and that was almost 30 years ago. All three times, there was hardly a white spot left on my body, and my face was swelling. It’s a bit scary because I don’t know what’s causing it, so I don’t know what to avoid, and I never know if and when it will happen again. Also, I know two people who died from severe allergic reactions, and one of them had never had an allergic reaction to anything before. Makes me very nervous – I really need to find out what’s going on.

Tue.: Slept

Wed. a.m. – still feeling affects of allergy attack and antihistamine. Could not get up in time to walk. Have a lunch meeting, but plan to go home after work and pool jog. If water is not warm enough, will walk with dogs instead – or, maybe can do both – pool jog before dinner and walk dogs after – want to get in some extra for missed day.

Diet continues to go well – weight loss slowed down, but still continuing to lose!