#1   ^
Old Sun, Sep-24-17, 21:47
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 305/211/160 Male 72
BF:
Progress: 65%
Default Struggling with urges

I had great success over the past year going from a high of 305 down to as low as 210. However for some reason as soon as I reached 210 I gained 8 pounds in 4 days eating the same way I lost the 90 pounds. Well once that happened I completely went off track during a 3 week vacation in houston and went from 218 to 232 in 3 weeks. As soon as I got back I went straight back to keto and went from 232 to 218 again in less than a few weeks which was nice. However I kept telling myself well I'm going to be eating like this for life so whats the big deal if I have some fast food or delicious cake and ice cream. Well now I am in the low 230s again and I just don't seem to be able to stop the constant flood of thoughts that all try to convince me to just eat "normal" like everybody else.

The cravings are very bad too. I obviously am not hungry on keto, but finding that emotional replacement food served in my life is hard to do. Sure I have fun with all the other things I do but life seems a little dull without the carbohydrates and I can't help but feel like life is less without them. As they say life is short so might as well live a little bit. I just don't know how to get out of this rut and what seems like depression because of a lack of carbohydrates and the emotional boost that gives. The biggest reason I haven't cheated in awhile is because keto is a habit and because I personally know that my mood swings way too much on a high carb diet. When I'm on keto my mood is very stable with no dips.

I think sometimes though keto when starting again can make you feel emotionally flat, because thats how I feel. This is hard to keep going.
Sponsored Links