View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Mon, May-04-15, 15:54

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 250/140/140 Female 5' 7
BF:?/28%/?
Progress: 100%

Sorry, just read your other thread. The advice given of trying to work out ways to actually eat food and worry about weight loss later is without question excellent input.

Besides gov't help, churches and community centers are good places to turn. If for whatever reason that doesn't work for you - go for free samples. Don't know where you live, but most grocery stores, box stores, and bulk buy clubs set up free food samples if not all day - at lunch and dinner time. Today I was in Harris Teeter and just walking through one could have some berries, melon, cheese, bread (would normally say skip, but if you have NO food then grain is better than nothing). Sam's club today had samples of fish, sausages, and other things I didn't even pause to look at.

If you can come up with even a couple of dollars, most stores have a discount bin or shelves where you can get bruised or dated produce and other items. Depending on your work situation, many restaurants will give employees free or very discounted meal with each shift worked. No judgment here - once upon a time I was a poor student without enough income to pay for rent and food. Instead of looking at what you can't have or afford, try to get creative and you can surprise yourself on how many ways you can find food.

Good luck and try to make finding food a priority then you will be able to move forward with weight goals.