View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Mar-04-15, 06:49

Plan: VLC/High Fat
Stats: 253/249/200 Female 69"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Ketogenic is an extremely strict form of LCHF - not all LCHF diets make it into the spectrum of "ketogenic" just because everyone's carb and protein threshold is different. The only way to guarantee your macros are in the range of ketogenic *for you* is blood testing regularly for ketones (urine sticks are useless). Keto Clarity by Jimmy Moore and Dr. Westman was on sale yesterday on the Amazon store for $0.99; it's a good read regarding nutritional ketosis and how individualized it can be because of metabolic variables from person to person...

Since I have never tested blood ketones, all I have ever done is a generalized LCHF regimen. I generally try to add extra fats with most everything I eat or in my coffee. It is entirely possible what I do is ketogenic, but without testing myself I really do not know. I haven't lost much weight in the last year, but I am in the high range of what is considered "normal" for my height at this point so I am not very concerned with losing much - as long as I'm not packing on the pounds I'm pretty happy. A generalized approach worked very well for me; I lost most of my weight in the first six to eight months with a very slow loss of maybe 15-20 lbs more in the following year and a half.