View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Jan-01-10, 12:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/161/155 Female 5'6
BF:don't u ask
Progress: 93%

Quote:
one of the weird parts is that I like the internal me much better than I liked the me of 20 years ago - I'm smarter, sexier, stronger, more compassionate, more peaceful than my 30 yo self was. Liking the external me is not as easy.

Quote:

I agree and can relate to this as well. Its odd. I thought for sure that after losing all this weight, I'd like the way i look. However, all i can say is that i like myself inside better. I am happier with myself, feel more confident, happier and smarter, but when i look on the outside (especially naked) I still can't see the positive changes.. I still see those body flaws that seem to be screaming this time instead of a faint whisper. When i was so much over weight i always thought, if i lose weight then i'd like myself, feel comfortable, sexy etc. It didn't come. I'm stilll me, and i still see FAT on the outside which isnt' bad enough, but now tons of flabby leftover skin and stretch marks. ugh.

Quote:
i totally see the fat chic in my head 90% of the time. i complain about how freaking FAT i am when i'm getting dressed,

This is me. I feel like i am dragging all this extra weight around..am convinced at how fat i am until someone will say something to me at work, boy look how skinny you have gotten..then i have to question and say wtf? I will see myself on the video at work and have this huge huge image and see that i am wrong..but then there are other days when the mental picture still overwhelms me and i see a fat slob. Yet, I have friends at work who are 2 or 3 times bigger than i was, and i don't' see them as obese?

there are those times when i was truly a meatball and thought i looked damn hot when i left the house[QUOTE]

I have this occasionally as well, and its damn confusing. On those days i were my "skinny" jeans and i feel ike i am like everyone else..those girls i used to envy adn that i am ok and all my hard work left me with great results. Then, i will get a look from someone, a woman looking at me is worse..i see them look and then i turn red in the face and its like she is telling me who the hell do i think i am, i'm fat and ugly..like i didn't realize what i looked like when i left the house kindda look..the you don't belong etc. It hurts. I know its just me, my mind but its so confusing and wish it would go away.

When do we go from "being" fat when look at ourselves, to "having" fat? I still have "fat" around the middle, more baggy skin than anything!