#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-11-02, 07:45

Plan: Zone
Stats: 165/163/145
BF:
Progress: 10%
Unhappy Anyone have SAD?

(Seasonal Affective Disorder)

I do, and MARCH is the WORST month! I didn't even know I had it until I spent my first winter in Michigan (last year). My husband says I have a "low tolerance for March." My job sucks, and so that would make anyone unhappy, but I started realizing that I am high risk for SAD (apparently there's a link between ADHD/SAD and women that move to the north from the south). Anyway, that's really the problem-my little East Tennessee brain thinks that in March, it should start to be like spring (trees budding, flowers starting to come out, weather starting to get nice). Here that doesn't happen until MAY.

At least I'm going home at Easter! I'll get to have some Spring then....

Anyway, I also started taking Celexa in October (since my job sucks) to help me get through the last few months of my residency (since I almost quit several times), and I thought that would help with the SAD too, but this weekend I lost it again. My poor husband! He even brought flowers home Saturday morning and I still cried Saturday night! (He's SO sweet!) Guess I'll have to try lights...... My doctor was going to stop the Celexa this month, but I had talked him out of it months ago since I wanted to see how March went. I do think that that had an effect in slowing my weight loss this time on this WOE since I've seen much better results in the past w/o antidepressants (but I'm not going to stop taking them right now!).

Anyone else have any remedies that work?

-animaldoc (three more months, three more months, three more months)
Sponsored Links