View Single Post
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Mar-21-08, 13:24

Plan: atkins-ish
Stats: 398/391/299 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Hi Betsy!

To change the plan you are on just go to the "quick links" link at the top of this page and then click on "edit Profile"...once there scroll down to "which plan" are you on or something like that and you can change your info.

Thanks for responding! And thanks for the offer of help. Yeah, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I had my WI last night and for the 3 weeks that I've been on Core I've lost 5lbs. In doing the GI/Atkins plan it was very similar to core but I ate more times a day and had not much of a restriction on good oils and fats and I lost 4lbs A WEEK!

Like I said, I may just use WW for the meetings.

Oh and that combination is something that I just figured out works for me and my eating preferences. It's basically just low GI fruits and veggies, lean meats, LC pasta, WW tortillas and bread and Low or reduced fat dairy products. On my plan I eat way less carbs than the GI diet allows (so pasta and bread not very often) and then I've excluded some of the GI approved veggies that I know from Atkins makes me crave (carrots, corn etc.)

So, that's what I'm leaning towards going back to.

What was your weight loss like on Core? I mean you lost quite a bit but how long did it take you?

Also, I live with my BF and he can eat whatever he wants all day long and not gain a pound....he may even LOSE WEIGHT for eating fried foods at 4AM!! (he works night shift). Anyway, what I do with his goodies is just put them somewhere outta site. We have a cabinet in our house that we rarely go in above the fridge and we just put his goodies in there. I made a conscious effort not to go there for any reason and after a while it became easy...like it didn't even exist. Now, I have to say that he has made a choice to support me and not sit in front of my face eating potato chips...he kinda does it when I'm not around so it makes it easier.

Also, I have found that if I eat fruit regularly, it's MUCH easier to stay away from sweets (which is my weakness).

I definitely think that if you have a problem with sugar, you should find some woe that includes fruits.

-Star