Old Sun, Apr-20-03, 07:38
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/209/160 Female 5' 11"
BF:Don't wanna know
Progress: 40%
Default Low cal and low carb

Sue and Kay,

I think we're all old enough to know what works for our own personal bodies, and that's really how we make LCing and restricted calories work for us, don't you agree?

I've personally been on nearly every diet out there, at least briefly (some VERY briefly) and I know that higher protein, low carbs works best for me. When I restrict calories too much my metabolism slows down...and I just can't maintain the low, low calorie eating for long so soon I'm back eating far more and gaining weight. I'm also nearly 6' tall, which I suppose means my body needs more calories just to walk around.

As I said--we each know what works for US and that's what we should do, no matter what advice we get from others. I also think the age thing makes a big difference. When I was 30 I didn't have to do much to lose weight: eliminate snacks and desserts and it was done. After 35 it got more difficult and now each year that passes means more effort to lose just one pound.

I visited our local "Lo Carb Habit" store yesterday and the place was packed! They were giving out free samples of stuff, including tortilla chips and pizza, and even serve ice cream treats like shakes and sundaes, etc. I bought some Atkins shake mix and endulge bars (Kay you are right about those!!) and one bag of low carb pasta. But I know I have to take it easy on the LC treats and pasta, even, because they seem to get in the way of weight loss for me if I overdo it.

And now it's a new week--here's hoping we all have a great one and can update our stats with more good news this week.

LuWana