View Single Post
  #30   ^
Old Sat, Apr-12-03, 16:33
Give chance a chance

Plan: General LC maintenance
Stats: 152.6/115.6/115 Female 60 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 98%

Hi Everyone....I'm glad this thread seems to be proving helpful to us more mature folks. At first I was trying to reply to everyone personally, but then I started a journal and it is beginning to take way too long to respond to everyone everywhere.

But would like to say that I have lost two pounds this week after having been stuck for over three weeks.. And I put on a pair of pants today that I can't believe were ever mine (it is possible they weren't , but I'm not going there) since they are much too big. Weight loss for us continues to be slow, but much better than the alternative.

And I'm beginning to realize that things tend to slow down for almost everyone, not just us oldsters, as they continue on the journey, regardless of age or amount to lose. Makes me a bit annoyed at all the hype in the Atkins book but how else was he going to make money on it? I know, I know, he is in a coma, and I wish him well.....but I still feel a bit cheated by all the success stories in the book. Were it not from reading on this board I would have given up by now..... I AM extremely appreciative of the fact that he brought low carb eating to the forefront and to me. Just not convinced that he is quite the same category as Sister Theresa.

I'm not even sure Sister Theresa is in the same category as Sister Theresa. Good thing I'm not Catholic, saints make me nervous.

Hope I am not offending anyone; if so, I'm am sure I will hear about it!

Kay