View Single Post
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-14, 07:28
The Patient Loser

Plan: LCHF/keto
Stats: 165/159/135 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

Benay, what OWL rung are you on right now? I do Atkins 2002, so I'm thinking that our diets will differ, but I'll still take a stab at helping out here.

Your food looks good, but I think that you don't have enough veggies in your diet for Atkins. If you're trying to get your protein (percentage) down, adding veggies will help that---only if you are shooting for certain percentages of carbs/macros. For instance, I shoot for something like 65% fat, 25% protein, and 10% carbs (in grams, that's 92/90/40). It does vary, but that's about where I'm at. Any time I go up a rung (I'm on OWL 6), it changes the carb percentage and I have to adjust either the protein or fats down (usually the protein).

Also, if you are not on the nut rung, you will want to wait until then to add nuts back in.

Are you eating 25 carbs per day, or per week? I'm confused on that. If you are doing Atkins, one of the greatest advantages to this way of eating is that we can figure out how many carbs and what kinds of foods we can actually eat and still lose. This helps later down the line in keeping the weight off when we enter the maintenance phase.