Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 267/259/220 Male 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default Burnout

Hi Stace,

Quote:
I guess it will just take some time. Im even thinking about taking the summer off placement to rest and sleep. I think I seriously need it.
So, things havent improved, but im sticking with it. I have all my trust in TSP. And still no caffeine...Thats one positive.

The downside of being 23 is that one typically thinks they are invincible and will live forever, and that everything has to happen instantly.

There are other simple tests for burnout besides the eye test your naturopath performed. One is to lie down for at least 15 minutes, then take your blood pressure. Then you stand up and immediately take it again. If your adrenal system is working properly, your blood pressure should rise about 10 points (don't know if that's systolic, diastolic or both). Anyway, it sounds like your BP is going down, if anything. That would seem to point to a problem such as burnout.

Here is a link to an online questionnaire that might help:

http://www.adrenalfatigue.org/burnout.php

That you're even considering pulling back on your schedule to deal with this and prioritize your health is a good sign. It may not seem like it at the moment, but you have oodles of time to accomplish things in your life!

Blessings,

-Don