#9   ^
Old Thu, Jan-04-18, 11:09

Plan: Atkins Concept
Stats: 225/190/175 Male 70.5"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Thanks Jey.

thanks for the info on where to post.

I'm just complaining I guess. To me a life without starches and alcohol is boring, yes, because its all out there and it all makes for "good eats"...as far as indulgent flavor is concerned. I want it all...dont we all? But we cant...

I stopped ordering steak out because I grill a steak perfectly, and usually hand cut all my own to proper thickness (should never be less than 1 1/4" thick) straight from a whole strip loin. We stopped having that baked potato years ago and just have salad usually...but usually with some sort of crouton or rice noodle crunchies on the salad. Something I was overjoyed to read is that pork rinds are OK, so that can do me for that crunchy for that meal. But that's one meal, a really easy one to get right and low carb.

I am a spice heavy hander. So that's not going to be a problem...I like it really hot-spicy too.

Really good advice...I really appreciate that! I think I bit off more than I can chew (pun intended) with SB regarding the veggies...its just too much and the low fat takes away a lot of those luscious fatty foods that nawchem referred to that can take the "boring" out of much. I'm going to do my best to stay with it for a little while longer. My strategy was to go as extreme in concept as possible, that way when hidden stuff in foods finds its way in my face like that cottage cheese with cornstarch in it (what?), I have room to slip. It looked like SB was just a low fat version of Atkins, so I thought it would be a safe starting point. I want to attack this weight loss as hard as I can without starving.

I didn't do gobs of research unfortunately before jumping off in to the abyss, so that's why I'm stressing I guess, that and the typical physiological issues of sudden diet change combined with alcohol abstention for someone who is a heavy drinker like me. I'll get through this detox/induction phase...I know I'm not the only one out there dealing with it. Thanks for your and everyone's calm replies, I know when you have something down/figured out/under control, its easy to tell people to just flippantly do "so and so...its easy, no big deal", so I appreciate the careful replies. I've read through a lot of threads where for instance when people say they cant eat that many veggies, the community kind of jumps on them like its silly...because THEY can do it easily.

I will look in to Westman and Hallberg. It sounds like it could be really helpful for my type.

A big lunch salad is no problem for me, but every day can get monotonous. I've been trying to alternate homemade soup to mix it up a bit. I'll get it down and get some good cooking sorted out again. I'm a bit of a control freak, so me not having all of this lined up to knock down like dominoes is way out of character for me. I just decided (like many) January first I was jumping on it with both feet...I just didn't look down first!

Also, I didn't mean to disrespect anyone's meals or cooking. What I meant is, what many people eat as a typical meal is...well, I have spent the last several years cooking a huge variety of challenging stuff. Just not what most folks are doing at home in the wide range I do of methods and ethnicities. so I'm working from a really high bar for comparison. I find it hard to eat out because "average" restaurants are often a let down to me, where other people love them. What others call good eats...I'm usually amping up...a lot...