View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-02-18, 18:38

Plan: Carbs <30g/day
Stats: 131/127/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 67%

Costello,

First I just wanted to say I have dealt with dementia and I understand how difficult it can be. If you're feeling overwhelmed I would recommend seeking support through your local agency on aging. This can go by different names depending on where you live. An in-person support group can be of great help, and you can also get a lot of assistance on whether to get in-home help or make the decision to move to assisted living.

One thing that helps to remember is that because of the dementia, the reality she is experiencing is different from yours, so for example, when she says, "I can't wake up," you could answer sympathetically, "I know," even if you can't really see what it is she's seeing. That might soothe her a little. If that makes sense.

Finally, regarding the ketogenic diet, I wanted to share the study I heard about today. It said that a diabetes drug had reversed memory loss in mice with Alzheimers. That makes me think that those who think blood sugar/diabetes and dementia are linked are on the right track. So I thought it might help you to hear that at least.

The study: https://www.sciencealert.com/diabet...ith-alzheimer-s

I hope that helps a little.

P.S. Editing to add: I just saw the study is being discussed over in LC Research/Media.