Taking MY Turn

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 240/220.8/190 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandra
Hi Lisa,
Thanks for your fast reply! So 34g per meal according my to calculations is what, about 6 oz of meat?

I use Fitday and generally come up with about 4 oz to cover 34 grams. Again, I approximate a lot and of course factor in other sources that I love, such as cheese and eggs.

Quote:
So from what you said about snacking I don't have to keep to any ratio or anything, I just keep close to my daily protein/carb requirements. That will make this easier to keep as a WOL.

From my personal experience, I've played "fast and loose" with keeping the ratios, and still have been very successful. For example, this morning I had 2 XL cage-free eggs and nitrate free bacon for breakfast, which comes out to be about 21 grams. I don't feel the need to supplement that just to arrive at 34 because I know I'll make it up with a snack later and because that breakfast feels good to me. (It was "enough"...satisfying, good, strong protein that keeps me going, easy to digest.) I also don't feel the need to push for carbs in a meal like breakfast just for the sake of eating them. If I feel like adding some fruit I will...or if I make an omelet, I'll add veggies. But otherwise I just go with what I like. I have a tendency to graze a LOT during the day, so instead I prefer to take my total allotment and try to eat well throughout the day, keeping things balanced and satisfying. Everyone has a different approach - Larry, for example, has such a strong protein and fat breakfast that he isn't hungry until dinnertime! Not me, baby. I have a good appetite so you can be sure I'm eating a piece of cheese and/or some berries or grabbing a bite of chicken or cream cheese on celery or a spoonful of all-natural peanut butter. LOL (Man, I love food!)

Quote:
Also I'm looking for a WOL this time and not a quick weight loss plan.
THAT, my dear, is the reason PP(LP) will work so well for you. It truly is a life plan and a guide to being healhier and stronger as well as allowing your body to find a good weight.

Quote:
Thanks for your help. I can't wait until my book comes in!
You'll probably attack it like I did, reading like crazy. But keep in mind that you can be incorporating good tips and basic ideas right away (which it sounds like you are - and we'll all help you with) and as you read, keep incorporating new stuff. Then eventually you'll sort of forget some of what you read because there is so much, but the lifestyle will be ingrained and you will go back and re-read chapters and get re-motivated again. I have the book on my nightstand for quick reference anytime. I love it. My only disappointment is its lack of attention to eating for pregnancy, but I can't blame them...it's SUCH a controversial topic!!

Good luck!