Thread: LC our way! #2
View Single Post
  #897   ^
Old Sat, Jan-06-18, 09:16

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Mmmm I love a good pot roast. I do like it with veggies though- I could replace the potatoes with cauliflower chunks but I'd likely throw a carrot or two in there. That little bit of carb is no biggie IMO for me.

I saw goggles on sale at Costco when I was there this week and it was like 14 degrees outside. It actually was irritating. I think they still had gloves, sleds etc out also. Covering all their bases, I guess!

Trig, I join you in the hot meal category. I've been like that since I was a kid, not choosing sandwiches or salads etc over a hot meal. More satisfying to me.

Jaz, glad you took the down time and pajama time. I love my "spanky pants" which are sweat pants, plus a 32* long sleeve shirt and a big sweatshirt. Those are my "pajamas" but they are really not because I sleep in just a tee shirt. But you get the drift. I pretty much live in this get up unless I am out somewhere. DH comes home and changes immediately as well.

Lori, I'm sorry you didn't sleep well. Hopefully you can laze around a bit today and maybe get out a bit too. I am hearing more and more about matcha powder. I may try it.. what brand do you use and where did you buy it?

Blue, Glad you are feeling better and back "at home" on your LC lifestyle after enjoying what SF had to offer. I know your body is feeling better already!

•••••••••

Got DS16 dropped off for his first play practice of the year this morning. At 9:15 AM it was a balmy 10 degrees. I am so grateful for a warm house and car though. Fact is that this brutal cold has little effect on me besides a high gas bill. KWIM? I come down in the morning and the house is comfortable regardless of the outside temp. That is a gift and not everyone has it. I can't imagine. This cold snap should be ending for us on Tuesday with what will feel like a heat wave at 46*. Monday though looks like ice/freezing rain so DS16 may be enjoying a day off. We'll see. Poor kid has a cold and went shuffling off to play practice with a Nalgene of water, a dayquil and a box of tissues.

He has Homecoming tonight! Not taking anyone. He can date now that he has turned 16 but he hasn't said much about it. Either he isn't interested in anyone or he is waiting to be able to drive himself. Rules are strict here though- earliest you can get your license is 16 years 6 months, and then you have to go another 6 months before you can drive anyone else under 18 in your car that is not family. So he will be waiting a while if that is his plan.

DH and I have a dinner date planned earlier tonight with another couple that we have been friends with for years. We are going to the Mediterranean kabob place so we can eat clean. He is also doing a modified LC, with much more whining.

Guess that is about it from here. Hoping to maybe see The Last Showman tomorrow.