Old Sat, Mar-04-17, 09:48
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by deirdra
I wonder why people have so much calcium in their plaque. Could it be from dairy lobbying and doctors pushing calcium "to protect our bones"? Recommendations to take Tums or calcium without the necessary magnesium & phosphorus necessary to build bones would leave a lot of excess Ca.

If I understand things correctly, the calcium is not the root of the problem. In that video the indicate that dense calcium might actually be protective. The problem is the inflammation and plaque buildup in the first place. There may also be an issue with vitamin K2 deficiency as some of the best sources for K2 (free range eggs, meat & dairy from grass feed beef) have been lacking in the American diet for decades due to poor dietary advice and industrialized meat and dairy production. There are so many moving parts, so many changes in food over our lifetime. It is hard to know what the root cause is. Perhaps it is a little bit of many things. Recommendations to take calcium supplements might have been another little piece of bad advice.