View Single Post
  #51   ^
Old Thu, Sep-26-02, 06:28

Plan: CKD
Stats: 162/?/? Female 5'6
BF:16
Progress: 0%

MISTAKE #1=The first time I did Atkins I only counted carbs and lost a lot of weight at first and was elated. Suddenly I quit losing and couldn't figure out why. I started counting calories, thinking I was eating too many. To my surprise, I was only eating between 600-900 calories a day. No wonder, I was starving myself and I was also exercising like a maniac. I didn't feel like I was starving because suddenly I wasn't constantly hungry like I had been while on low-fat. Naturally I gained a lot of weight when I started eating the amount of calories I should be.

MISTAKE #2=After gaining 1/2 of the weight I lost back, I tried eating 5-6 smaller meals rather than 3. Well, then portion control became an issue. Each meal was the same size and not what most would consider "small".

MISTAKE #3=Comparing myself to others. I was reading about others who were the same weight as me and I started eating like they were. I'm still struggling with this somewhat. I'm working on finding what works for ME. It's tough when I read about others being able to eat something I can't have, but I'm learning to prioritize my cravings vs. my desire to lose weight.