View Single Post
  #37   ^
Old Thu, Nov-29-01, 17:04

Plan: low carb
Stats: 324/228/180 Female 5feet 6inches
BF:47%
Progress: 67%

Hmmmmm.
I think you get both positive and negative attention regardless of your weight. When I was a child I was bigger than everyone else (at age 10 I was 5'6 125lbs)and very muscular. Everyone always called me fat this and that. Then as a young women I was 5'6 and I weighed 130. As a young women I was considered thin or as people always told me svelte. As a young women I attracted too much negative attention. Just because men saw me as beautiful they thought that gave them the right to say what ever they felt to me (cat calls, fresh comments, sexual harassment, stalkers).It takes a strong man to be with a beautiful women. Sad to say at that weight I had a wimp who told me that he didn't want a women that everyone else wanted. Women who felt intimated by the way I looked would grab the arm of their significant other if I was walking by, make snide remarks about my character (with out even knowing me or knowing of me.),didn't trust me, would start physical fights with me if I went to clubs etc.

Enter my fat yrs. In between the yrs I married a man who once told me it made him sick to watch me eat. Needless to say he got the boot. This time around when I was single (which lasted for about a month) I attracted different men (true breeding stock )(or maybe since I wasn't so perfect they didn't feel so intimidated), women were actually seeking me for friendships, and I married a wonderful man. I still wonder how he is going to act when I get down to my normal weight. He tries to feed me and has expressed some concern about how I will be when I'm thin
Now when I was thinner the job game was easier to play. If I wanted a job all I had to do was show up at the interview. I used to tell everybody that if I got the interview I knew I had the job. Now it is more difficult. I have to seriously work and prove that I can do the job. Kids say mean things to my kids, like your mom is fat, women don't take me as a serious threat (big mistake cuz one thing that I learned is that men DO like "healthy" women), I can't buy the clothes that I want because it doesn't come in my size or it wouldn't look right, my health was going down hill fast, but other than that I enjoyed being fat, because I don't miss the negative attention. Just another perspective.
For home girl, Any time some one starts off with hey no offense, but.... I take offense. That statement says I think you will probably take offense, but so what I'm going to say it anyway. I didn't find anything really offensive about what you said, but opening your statement like that puts one on guard. Just my most humble opinion. Peace