#9   ^
Old Mon, Jan-04-16, 10:53

Plan: C:12 P:60 F:satiety
Stats: 220/177.6/142 Female 5'5
BF:0/0/0
Progress: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
I have one also! The past week I've been using the slow cooker option as a humidifier. LOL! So versatile!

I did a chuck roast in it last week. Just put mirpoix on the bottom, schlepped in my roast, seasoned, some water, voila. Done in 35 minutes.

It is good for steaming veggies too. I drop in a veggie steamer and a bit of water. I bought a glass lid for it. Put that one and then steam the veggies.

I haven't had good luck using the pressure cooking part for most veggies. It usually overcooks them.

Sometimes I just use it as a big pot and not a pressure cooker. In fact, probably more often than not.

my husband wants to get the glass lids and some extra gadgets for it. it's so much fun to have a new toy in the kitchen. i make everything from scratch, and cooking gets tedious sometimes.

i had to look up mirpoix! what do you make yours with? google says it's traditionally a mix of carrots, celery and onion

it seems like it would be handy in the summer too, since it doesnt heat up the kitchen. and we've noticed that there's no smell when the bone broth is going. hubby just told me yesterday that he can't stand the smell of the 48hr bone broth when it's going. :/ after years of tolerating it!