#19   ^
Old Fri, May-29-15, 11:16

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmum1977
How tall are you jschwab? That waist size seems big for 230 lbs, but if you are shorter and apple shaped, not terribly so

I'm asking bc I'm 307 lbs, but my waist is 44". I'm an apple shape too. I also have diastasis recti to that I have from two pregnancies while obese, so my tummy is poochy in the middle. That said, I'm 5'10" tall though so have lots of height to balance my weight.

Sorry LowcSpike for the threadjack was just curious on the height thing. I recently saw an advertisement showing 10 women at 160 lbs, but due to height and body shape everyone looked so different even though the weights were the same. It's very interesting to see that perspective.

I'm 5'5" and very apple. My waist has always been huge, though. I remember in HS shopping for prom gear with a friend who seemed much bigger than me. I weighed about 180 or so and had probably a 40" waist at age 17 while she was able to fit into the 30" thing we were trying on. She was a size 14 and I was an 18 or 20. But she was big in all the places it doesn't matter for certain clothes (legs, arms, butt). I have always been "bigger than my size" and have not been in regular sizes since 6th grade. Even at 140 pounds when I was 13 I was in plus sizes. At "normal" weight in HS (ca. 150) I had to shop the plus size side of the store. Most people with the same height and weight wear an 18, but I am in a 24. You can look at my profile pics. I also do not look very different at 220 pounds and 180 pounds. At 180 pounds I wear an 18W or a 20 misses. Honestly, one of my prime motivations for losing weight is to be able to just shop anywhere I want but it ain't ever going to happen for me.