Old Sun, May-20-18, 19:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 296/220/205 Male 71 inches
BF:25%?
Progress: 84%

Quote:
Dr. Thomas Seyfried
tom-seyfried

Dr. Thomas Seyfried, a professor of biology at Boston College who researches cancer and the uses of a ketogenic diet in curing and preventing cancer, states in the The Complete Guide to Fasting book: “The key to therapy is prolonged therapeutic ketosis (blood ketones in the range of 3–6mM), together with reduced blood glucose levels (3–4 mM).”

This is simply wrong and has personal meaning for me. I have had several Actinic Keratosis removed this past year. Somewhere around a dozen or more. I've also had a basal cell carcinoma (BCC) removed from my nose. How did this happen? Well growing up a white kid in the tropics didn't help. Spending much of my free time in adult life fishing didn't help. AND going to a fat based diet didn't help at all either. From "Diet and basal cell carcinoma of the skin in a prospective cohort of men", https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10617958 this is a known thing. The guy has data. He's been cited 114 times. Because of his data. His data shows that the relationship is with monounsaturated fat. Animal fat. Did it hurt me? Maybe. Did it help? Not when it comes to BCC.

So when this guy says "the key to therapy...." At best he's talking about a very specific therapy and NOT a general rule.