View Single Post
  #69   ^
Old Wed, Jul-05-06, 12:00

Plan: Bernstein, M&E
Stats: 179/163.3/118 Female 5'4'
BF:2darnmuch
Progress: 26%

Edy, I totally agree about the 2 cup salad beginning the RM. I am a CALP fanatic when it comes to 1/3,1/3,1/3 and find that I like to mix my carbs a bit so we once in awhile can have a little dessert, such as regular cheesecake or icecream, along with a more healthy carb. I have nothing against sugar per se. I am ok with it as long as it is part of my RM.

I also eschew the diet soda. It is just lethal for me. I also limit my caffeine. I like a couple gourmet cups of coffee but I make them half decaf. I had to do that when I quit smoking. Mostly I drink cold water. Once in awhile I will have tea. I use no artificial sweetener, even Splenda, or gum. My body senses those things ase sugar and sends out insulin.

I realize that on Heller's plan that lowcarb veges, proteins and fats are my buddies.

I would say to anyone beginning this program to not restrict themselves to small portions at first. Don't cheat by drinking soda or chewing gum. You can have an extra high protein snack with lc veg too. The important thing is to get that insulin level down and it takes a few days for it to really start falling.