View Single Post
  #67   ^
Old Wed, May-10-06, 14:29

Plan: CALP
Stats: 140/125/120 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Sngbird (((HUGS))) to you. I hear your frustration. You know what I think and this is just my opinion. I think you might be a little too low-carb for your particular body. Since you have not been losing and now gaining. Okay before I go further, make sure you are not hypothryoid. Get a TSH test at the very least. If it is over 2.5, then you need to address that first.

That out of the way, I think if you are able to stick to 20 carbs so well, you will excel on CALP, because it also requires discipline. I think you should give it a good month and see. Don't be in a hurry. Then evaluate after that month. If you do it properly and I know you will, you will at the very least not gain weight, but I think you should lose. At the end of the month you can re-evaluate. It is guaranteed to take care of doing an end-run on insulin resistance.

Those are just my thoughts. Atkins is good too, but maybe it is time for a change? You can always have some Atkins days, some fat fast days and some CALP days too, when you feel you want to mix it up - but my feeling is the very best of all is to do what Eno does - just do one thing and that is CALP and just do it each day - because the alternative is insulin resistance and inevitable weight gain. At the very least, you will not gain and then you can think about cutting calories if you are not losing. Afterall, it is still a case of energy in and energy out... Also, if one does cut calories, do exercise (weight lifting, sit ups, etc. are good) because if one does not one lloses muscle and after losing weight one is then worse off. Muscle is more metabolically active and helps one to be able to eat more...