View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Oct-16-17, 09:26
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

See the success that others here on this forum have had making low carb a permanent lifestyle change was highly motivational for me. Just knowing that it really is possible gave me the confidence that I could do it, too. This forum is like a reality TV show for me, with emphasis on the reality. Reading about the struggles people have with staying on-plan and consequences of falling off the wagon are just as motivational. I have a life-long history of off and on dieting. I identify with that struggle. I lived it for decades.

Somehow the finally took hold in my brain. I HAVE TO STAY LOW CARB FOR LIFE. I don't have a choice. There is no other way for me to succeed. The struggle to stay on plan fades with consistent LC eating. I fear falling off the wagon and the life of struggle that will return if I do. I have been eating low carb for nearly 4 years. While I've never returned to eating pure junk, I have walked the slippery slope... that fine line between eating too many carbs to stay in control. For me more carbs means more struggle. I keep hoping that I've learned that lesson for good.

I wish you the best. Your life will be better if you can find that thing within you that will make this WOE stick. It is not easy to make a lasting change. Know that it is possible and that YOU can do it.