#50   ^
Old Thu, Oct-15-09, 19:29

Plan: VLC, mostly meat
Stats: 202/200/165 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTris
If on LC the body didn't replenish muscle glycogen then you wouldn't use the fast glycolysis chain but that would mean no lactic acid build up, which isn't true. Lactic acid is the burn you get from lifting a weight to failure, its still there. So either the body is replacing glycogen my manufacturing glucose in the liver or there is another pathway that also produces lactic acid that uses fat that we don't know about. Either way there is no evidence for either AFAIK.

There is evidence that barely any glucose, or glycogen, is used up or depleted when eating no or very little carbohydrate. It's a simple question of mathematics. How much glucose can we get from protein, and from fat? How much protein, and fat do we need to eat to get that much? I've done some thinking lately on this and my conclusion is that it takes so much fat meat to produce even 86g per day that it looks impossible that glucose, or glycogen would be deplete, if used at all.

To give you an idea of where to start, when eating only meat, us zero carbers eat about 200-250g of fat per day which makes up about 70-80% of total calories. Considering that the rest of our calories come mostly from protein in the meat, and considering that carbohydrate intake is nil or nearly so, how much more meat should we eat to give us what we should be using up in glucose?