#9   ^
Old Fri, May-26-17, 14:18

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkloots
"Ricing" as a process has been part of cuisine language forever.

What's their beef??

Besides, this is America. Any food fad will be over in a millisecond.

More Mashed Fauxtatoes for me! (As long as there's no cauliflower shortage, which recently drove the local price up to $6.99/head)

For the most part, that's very true.

On the other hand, the low fat fad seems to keep going on and on and on and on...

But really, I don't expect to see riced veggies widely available in the stores for very long. Working in a grocery store, it doesn't even look to me like the riced veggies are even selling very well (if the customer has a coupon they'll buy a bag, but not many other people will even try it), so I can't imagine what the rice industry is getting their panties all in a twist about, because I see far more customers buying 5-10-20 lb or larger bags of rice on a regular basis than I see buying one or two little 1 lb bags of frozen riced cauli, or even the little containers of fresh riced cauli from the produce dept.

The upshot is that even if the riced veggie fad continues for a while, it's not going to have more than a minuscule impact on the rice industry, and even that minuscule effect is certainly not going to last for very long.