#13   ^
Old Sat, Apr-22-17, 18:20

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 188/150/135 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesinger
You're so funny! Sometimes I feel like one of those idiots who talk about having to walk to school through 5 miles of snow. But I guess that was our mothers' generation.

In my case it was 5 miles in the pouring rain - we were in Oregon.

We drank Kool-Aid, adding our own sugar, or Portland Punch (a local version of Hawaiian Punch), adding our own water. Later mom started buying generic cans of soda because when we worked in the strawberry fields in the summer, the cans could be partially frozen & it kept our lunches cool. But we only got one & never during the school year. Until I got into high school & rebelled; I remember spending my allowance on cherry cokes from the Dairy Queen across the street & Cheetos from the school vending machines. My first year in H.S. my fingers were constantly orange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesinger
Do you remember what year it was that the price of sugar went sky high? I'm a veteran googler and I can't find it. I assumed it had something to do with the rise of popularity of AS.

I, too, recall it as being in the early '70s. I was still fairly new at doing my own shopping & remember the signs.