Old Fri, Apr-21-17, 15:33
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squarecube
We boomers like to talk (ok brag) about how soda was used as a treat during our childhood, but do you remember making Kool Aid with your own sugar? It was one big heap of sugar! Maybe we weren't so superior after all, ur um, well at least we had superior metal ice cub trays with their lovely cubes.
You're so funny! Sometimes I feel like one of those idiots who talk about having to walk to school through 5 miles of snow. But I guess that was our mothers' generation.

Things were so different when we were young. Almost like another planet. Daddy was the breadwinner, working two jobs, and our food budget for 5 was $20 per week. Mother used coupons and only shopped weekly newspaper specials. We ate very simply, but there was always a gallon Tupperware jug of homemade sweet tea in the fridge. It was syrupy, but the ONLY thing other than water we could touch between meals. We rarely had sweets, but we always had that iced tea. I remember making Kool Aid, but it was too expensive for us to have often. And I hated those ice cube trays, but it was all we had, right?

Do you remember what year it was that the price of sugar went sky high? I'm a veteran googler and I can't find it. I assumed it had something to do with the rise of popularity of AS.