#63   ^
Old Fri, May-15-09, 15:01

Plan: Ray Peat (not low-carb)
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutchinson
That is a very interesting paper, Many thanks.

I like the way they say The discovery of an enzyme which can be safely taken orally and can degrade amyloid fibrils could be very useful in the therapy of amyloid-related diseases

No probs, glad to be of assistance!

My experience with taking Wobenzym is that it can cause a little GI discomfort, but this is because you're supposed to take it between meals, on a totally empty stomach, which is difficult to stick to. I now take my daily ration after I've been for my middle-of-the-night loo visit and no longer have any GI issues.

What I have also found is that fibrin, the anti-blood-clotting enzyme in our bodies, decreases in amount in our bodies as we age and may thus contribute to many diseases of ageing, such as heart attack, stroke and so on.

By taking proteolytic enzyme supplements (properly), you can boost your own body's supply of these enzymes and reduce clots etc.

I found some other stuff, too, which I'm compiling in a word doc. I could send it to your email address (it's on the Swaby Manor pages somewhere if I'm not mistaken) if you're interested.

My dad has had a TIA, and also has a furred-up carotid artery. I was compiling this stuff for him to read and to take to his doc in the hope that he might be able to get it prescribed. If not, I'll buy him some nattokinase for his next birthday!!!

Take care,

amanda