#23   ^
Old Wed, Feb-10-10, 16:33

Plan: Low Carbing
Stats: 233.2/202/168 Female 5ft 8ins
BF:
Progress: 48%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcass
i really object to eating carbs without fat. fat is what slows down the digestion and reduces the glycemic of the carbs.

green vegetables don't count. they don't have enough carbs to cause the average person any problems.

Sorry, maybe I am misunderstanding what you are saying. If so, please forgive me. But, my understanding is that eating fat with carbs means that the carbs make your blood sugars go up and then because insulin is released the fat will be stored in the body. Whereas, if you don't have the carbs, then the fat will just do its job and not be stored.

So, if you have to eat fat with bread, maybe low fat is a good idea. Though Atkins (Low Carb), and Doris Grant, Jean Joyce, Kathryn Marsden and Ursula Summ (Food Combining) believe margarine and low fat spreads are bad because of the processes they goes through and the chemicals involved. Butter can be used in food combining, but sparingly. So on that, -choose your poison

The 'Hay' Diet was so called after Dr Hay. It doesn't involve chomping on rabbit bedding (sorry some people think it does), LOL!!!!