View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-26-23, 08:44

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Fortunately I read DANDR before having children. I realized thus was an opportunity to help my children to NOT become obese, like me. They ate good food for the toddler years, as both mom and dad can cook well. Then off to school. The fight for good nutrition was on. The snacks in other students lunchboxes was horrendous. Witnessed by my own eyes as a substitute aide. I battled on. I didnt let up pushing for high quality choices. Whole foods before that term was popularized.

My kids have few cavities. My kids at 19 gand 20 are extremely thin among their peers. On BMI scale, they are normal!!

Parents make the food choices. Even when free lunch was available, my kids got a bagged lunch. Unless the salad bar was available. Parents do have a choice. It cost more to make a bagged lunch, and I thought their health was worth it. I also think, but cannot prove, that quality food helped them excell in school.

Parent's choices matter.

Ps. I met with school food manager to see about dropping juices in favor of whole fruit and the like. I met with two managers over a couple years. I got the blaaa blaaa blaaa of the government requirements to get funding. Its not about healthy food, not really. Its about cheap.