View Single Post
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Jun-16-15, 18:14

Plan: DDF, P:E
Stats: 237.5/179.4/150 Female 64
BF:55.7%/47.5%/?
Progress: 66%

Thought I'd take a few minutes to tell you a bit about myself. I've had some health issues for around 15 years that have knocked me on my bum. I have several autoimmune issues, have very bad migraines, pustular psoriasis, no thyroid, no gallbladder, gain wt no matter what I do, etc.

I began my transformation by eliminating gluten. Then I heard about paleo and gave that a try. Next came low carb. Then I developed some pretty severe atrial fibrillation. I googled on that to see how I could get some relief and discovered that a ketogenic diet helped the heart work more efficiently, like 28% improvement. So I decided to give it a try. It took a while but I did have less afib. My migraines would be rare and for that I was greatful. My skin began to clear somewhat and then last October I fell down my stairs breaking both leg bones and shattering my ankle and sprained my knee. So, try as I could it was impossible to stay in ketosis. My hubby had his hands full caring for me, getting me up and down stairs for appts, therapy, etc. After 5 month I had to have another surgery and this past month I'm out of the wheelchair, but not walking very well. I may never I suppose but I keep trying. Meanwhile I gained back nearly all the weight I lost the previous year. 3 weeks ago I felt I needed to recapture some control and started on keto again. My blood ketones are higher than they ever were and my glucose is some of the lowest I've seen. Not sure what I"m doing better at. The only change I really made was I eat an avocado a day.

So that's the short story. Here are my macros -

My goals are to try to stay below 1,450 calories
Carbs - 12g - 17g (net)
Prot - 40g - 50g
Fat - 120g - 140g

Most days my percentages are
Carbs at 4 to 7%
Prot at 10 to 15%
Fat most times 85%

My keto ratio is 2.24. I run mostly 2.7 and up. Depends on my day.

I just remembered this forum having registered years ago but never posted. I hope to meet some others eating this way and help and share in joy and struggle.

D