#51   ^
Old Tue, May-19-09, 09:47

Plan: Weston A. Price, GFCF
Stats: 165/133/132 Male 5' 5"
BF:?/12.7%/?
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickieb
Our nearest food coop didnt get good reviews, challenging the quality of the products and the work conditions for the workers.

I'm all for improving worker conditions, but did these reviews compare the coop to other local stores or to other coops? I get caught in that way of thinking a lot. If the coop isn't perfect but it's still better than the alternative, maybe it's not such a bad choice.

Quote:
I see you have a different diet. I looked them up and realized that there must be all different sorts of diets and food beliefs out there. Hope this works out for you.

Thanks. I started with Atkins, and what I do could still be considered Atkins, though I eat fewer vegetables than Atkins recommends. I have some additional restrictions based on avoiding foods that I'm sensitive to and maximizing nutrient intake. It's actually more like Paleo now - come see the Paleo forum sometime!

Quote:
I definitely ate too much food yesterday. I ate everything on my list (and a bag of pork rinds) and gained a pound!

Maybe it was too much food, or maybe it was the wrong food, or maybe it was something else - a hormonal or environmental factor. I've had days where I eat almost 3500 calories and don't gain an ounce. And I've had days where I eat less than 2000 calories and I do gain. Most day-to-day weight fluctuations are due to water. Water is much heavier than food!