View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Fri, May-05-06, 10:24
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

I shaved for about a year and I couldnt stand the growth. I am back to wax/tweeze for me. It might take me a few hours every week or so with a little bit of touchup during the week but the hair is softer when it grows back and the stubble isnt the same and over time I honestly believe it decreases the amount of hair.

I tried getting waxed at the salon too and their wax didnt work. The lady kept trying over and over and over again and nothing. The only wax that will work is the sally Hansen's cold wax. The clear strips in the purple box for eyebrows, face and bikini. If its the first time you are trying to wax after shaving for an extended period of time and/or have very coarse stubborn hairs like me it will probably take the entire box the first time you start waxing. Technique is also very important. Stretching the skin and applying the wax when the hairs are upright to get the best grasp and then pushing down and smoothing, then pulling the skin taut and ripping it off. If the technique isnt done correctly or if there is makeup or oil or water on your face it will not be effective and no hairs will come out. I have good pulls and bad pulls. A good pull will get like 20-30 hairs and I look at it and say wow and it feels so good. A bad pull wil get 0-3 hairs. The technique takes time to master. I cut the big strips in half and use them on my face too. I find the force isnt enough to get good pulls if you leave them at their full length.

The upside is that you only have to spend a few hours a week waxing, no shadows, no real stubble, no more razor bumps, softer and fewer hairs over time.

The downside is that those few hours are usually all in one session and it can get frustrating, expensive, sometimes painful and in the end you still have to tweeze a few hairs. Doing it yourself can also sometimes be a little difficult. It can take months or longer before you finally master a technique that will work for you and sometimes you need to be diligent. Must let the hairs grow to a certain length before you can wax them.

Here is a link to the wax I use on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...lance&n=3760901 I buy it at the local store and each pack has a $1 off coupon so you save money on all future packs.

It looks like some people on the reviews said they get breakouts. I never have. I get a little redness for a few hours but nothing unusual. You can also use tendskin after to prevent breakouts if you are prone to them.