#104   ^
Old Fri, Dec-26-14, 09:55

Plan: Mostly Fung/IDM
Stats: 165/138.4/135 Female 63
BF:???/better/???
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benay

I hope this book gets the attention it deserves. I intend to recommend it to anyone who will listen. But I suspect, like Taubes, it will be widely ignored by much of the medical community and Consumer Reports will continue to publish its annual report card of the Best Diets based upon the USDA Food Pyramid. Mike Eades once wrote an excellent blog post about the tenacity of nutritional beliefs in spite of decades of contrary data. I hope this book helps dispel some of these beliefs.

If the Wall Street Journal is any indication, this book is getting plenty of attention: several articles about it since its introduction, including one JEY linked to just a couple of weeks ago, and it landed on the WSJ's list of top 10 books for 2014.

I agree it's a great book. I used to recommend Why We Get Fat to friends who wanted to learn more about LCHF, but now I would recommend this. While her ideas lean heavily on Taubes, her writing style is more accessible. She includes her own new info/anecdotes and it seems a bit more universal than Taubes. Not everyone has to lose weight, but most everyone is trying to avoid some sort of health crisis brought on by high carb diets.