#50   ^
Old Mon, Mar-07-16, 13:21

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 212/169/150 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 69%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjcounts
It's funny how people feel free to share their unsolicited opinions about personal choices such as diet! One night my mother-in-law commented on how unhealthy she though my diet was because of "all that fat". I was eating a small steak, sautéed veggies and a salad. Yes there was a fair amount of fat in the meal, but I had to chuckle, because she was eating a big plate of sugary sauced BBQ ribs with French fries. Not low fat OR low sugar. I've learned to not bother responding to ignorant comments like that, and I try to only share my knowledge about low carbing when someone is genuinely interested (as opposed to trying to criticize or start an argument).

So true jjcounts! It's usually people eating their faces off on terrible food that like to mock low-carb and make up stories about it. I've been lucky in that all my family and friends marvel at the low-carb results I've demonstrated and see the improvement in my mood. So they're all supportive. They're all healthy and slim so no wonder they don't mock it. On occasion people in denial about their own obesity have cut it down, but like you, I completely tune those folks out.