Old Sat, Jul-11-09, 22:56

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiDelight
Hi there hope you do not mind me jumping in here
I love Dr Schwarzbein's principles and have totally mixed them into the premat phase of Atkins ..I have opted not to loose any weight right now (I am 51 and want to level out on something it might as well be my weight) so adding carbs per meal has worked very well for me ..

I get very depressed and cranky on Induction level carbs ...never realized how much so until people at work tried to force feed me an apple one day!

I feel very good at 20-30 carbs per meal and maintain my weight there ..with out the urge to over eat ..as long as those carbs do not come from sugar or white flour ...(and sometimes they do I live in this world now and try very hard to enjoy things in moderation) ..the only time I binge eat is after deprivation ..so if I do not deprive myself then I do not binge!

I have spent my entire life trying to loose weight it is nice for once to just be trying to maintain it as it is

it is kind of an Atkinsbein principle for me

thanks for the moment!

Hey Delight,

Congrats on your weight loss and feel free to jump right on in! That is phenomenal...if I can get to that weight and maintain I would be HAPPY!

I'm enjoying the program too, feeling very well on the program and learning that I don't have to restrict everything...I've had 1/2 an apple baked in the microwave with cinnamon for two days and it makes me feel so much better! I am not having any cravings and have more energy.... Today I made a recipe in her book pork chops in a cream sauce...loved it!

Again congrats on your weight loss...

Hey Mouse...for me it was more than induction flu. I was on the plan for a long while and my depression was worse and it took me a long time to figure out that it was the carb level... Of course, I was trying to stay at induction level instead of raising it as Atkins suggests because it worked before and I lost very well in the past...

At this point I want to get the weight off but need to feel better while doing it...we'll see how it goes!

Good luck to you!

TJ