View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-09-10, 20:22

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 185.5/162/154 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%
Talking New recipe for Cauliflower puree

My daughter is a server at a very good restaurant. One of their sides is cauliflower puree. She got the recipe and made some for Thanksgiving. So good and a real substitute for those mashed potatoes from our previous life. We now have it every week. To make it easy, we use frozen cauliflower.

The recipe is: 2 packages of frozen cauliflower, 3/4 cup half and half or light cream thickened with almond flower (1/4 - 1/3 cup). While the cauliflower is cooking, thicken the cream with the almond flour on the stove. Just heat the cream and stir the almond flour in. We don't have a food processor so I mash the cooked cauliflower up a bit and put it in the blender with the sauce. I have to stir it quite a bit. The restaurant adds capers and golden raisins to their recipe. We use the capers and sometimes some dried berries. The best is to add some bacon (cooked of course). Sometimes we eat the leftovers as a meal with the bacon and some cheese melted on top.

I know this should go in the recipe section but this is SO good that I wanted more people to see it.
Sponsored Links