#41   ^
Old Thu, Dec-05-02, 17:51
amieK

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up I second that asugar!

I lost 56 lbs in 8 months on WW three Years ago, then worked for them for a year. The most common complaint I heard was HUNGER! All I could do was recommend filling up on the infamous Garden Vegetable aka Cabbage Soup.

By the way, has anyone attempted switching from Atkins to a low fat diet? What were the results?

I wasn't doing Atkins but my own combo of low carb WW when I decided to try the lowest fat eating plan of them all - rawfood veganism. The subsequent carb cravings weren't pretty and I only lasted a week.

Right now I eat MAINLY RAW vegetables, a moderate amount of fruit (more than most LC plans allow) supplemented with WW sized portions of turkey, lamb, beef, fish, eggs and moderate amounts of nuts, cold-pressed flax and olive oils, cheese and yogurt. I also eat dried fruit in small amounts when I really crave something sweet and on occasion I will eat a small amount of cured pork such as ham or bacon. About once a week I will have a tiny amount of rice, rice bread or pasta and even more infrequently will I eat a potato cause I really just don't like 'em much. I choose leaner cuts of meat because I like them better and cut the fat and skin off because it doesn't appeal to me. I do NOT eat refined sugar, deep-fried foods or anything that comes in a box, mandarin oranges excepted .

This looks like a pretty healthy diet to me. I don't get cravings and I do not feel the urge to "devour like a mad horse."

I am allergic to gluten-containing grains and corn. After I completely detoxed them out of my system I had an anaphylactic reaction to a few bites of (whole wheat) pancake. A few months later, I also had a really frightening anaphylactic reaction to eating popcorn. I've also had milder toxic reactions to soy and other legumes.

If I ate according to AHA recommendations I'd be dead in minutes.

So all those dangerous long-term effects of LC you keep talking about are just something I'll have to take a chance on, considering the alternative....

ciao,
amie